Asiri Stroke Unit
A stroke, which is caused when an artery in your brain is blocked or a blood vessel bursts, can be a very frightening experience. Our patients say that what scares them the most is how they appear to be in the peak of health at one moment but in the next they are immobile, unable to even call for help.
At Asiri Stroke, our medical teams are geared to react to such medical conditions with a speed and accuracy that is vital for the patient’s wellbeing. We also focus on preventing the reoccurrence of strokes by helping our patients understand the early-warning signs and coaching them to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
At Asiri, we provide a 24-hour support facility dedicated to the care of stroke patients. This unit is equipped with state-of-the-art technology in association with the country’s top stroke specialists to improve our patient’s chances of a full recovery. The MRI and CT scanners and the newly introduced biplane digital catheterization unit at Asiri Stroke are highly advanced facilities that apply interventional radiology to ensure accurate diagnosis and enable proper treatment.
The stroke unit also features preventive and rehabilitative therapies to anticipate post attack impediments and aid the prompt psychoanalysis of patients.
Knowing the symptoms of a stroke and what to do about it can save the life of a loved one.
What to do
To identify a stroke remember the acronym ‘FAST’. Fast stands for ‘Face’ ‘Arms’ ‘Speech’ and finally the action which is ‘Time’ to call.
- Face - droopiness on one side of the face
- Arms - stretch your arms out in front of you and check that both are straight – sudden numbness on one side of the body could indicate a stroke
- Speech - slurred speech
- Time - if you notice any of the above symptoms, even if they go away, note the time and call the Asiri Emergency Hotline (077 7569 695) right away
What sets us apart
Take a look at the facilities and services we offer to ensure that your stay with us is a restful, healthful experience. You’ll see that we really do offer you a better experience all round.
- State-of-the-art technology
- Consultations with the country’s top stroke specialists
- Highly advanced facilities such as MRI, CT scanners and biplane digital catheterisation units
- Preventive and rehabilitative therapies
Services and Treatment
- Clot busting – injection of a drug to dissolve the clot
- Clot retrieval – removal of the blood clot from the vein using advanced technology